The VELOWINO is a vintage biking experience which recaptures the nostalgic days of riding the appropriate bicycles dressed in vintage cycling garments in the beautiful surroundings of Weinheim and the Odenwald.
The tour starts in the historic old town of Weinheim and heads to the former Roman town of Ladenburg. There are many places of interest and a wide variety of restaurants along the routes.
The characteristic feature of VELOWINO is the pleasure of riding vintage bikes in matching vintage clothing at one’s own pace. Cycling times will not be recorded. Prizes will be awarded among others for the most beautiful bike and the best vintage cycling outfit. Ambitious cyclists will find challenging routes at VELOWINO. Be prepared to find some interesting terrain.
The second VELOWINO took place in 2017, it was a huge success and will take place again on June 16th, 2017 in Weinheim, Germany.
- In order to participate you need a bicycle built in 1988 or earlier.
- The registration fee ist 48 Euros, of which 5 Euro will be donated to charity. Early booking reduces the fee to 38 Euros; this offer is limited in time and only open for the first 50 registrations.
- The number of participants can be limited by the organisers who also reserve the right to close the registration process prior to June 16th.
- The participants are responsible for their own safety.
- All other details are described in the rules.